Councillor Adam Montgomery
As a Penicuik Councillor it has been an honour for me to represent the community where I have lived for the last 36 years with my 3 children attending primary and secondary school here in our town. My wife, Karen has lived in CUIKIE all her life.
Penicuik in my Heart and Soul.
Here are some of the things that I have helped to acheive since the 2012 elections.
- Match standard floodlights for Penicuik Athletic JFC and Penicuik Rugby Club;
- Secured funding for work on pitch improvements for Penicuik Athletic JFC for last 4 seasons;
- Secured funding for the 2 all weather floodlight tennis courts and the YMCA/YWCA;
- Provided funding for sports equipment for Cornbank Primary School;
- Helped fund nature adventure trail at Cornbank Primary School;
- Secured funding for trim track at Sacred Heart Primary School;
- Secured funding for Marchburn Playgroup to prevent closure;
- Instigated a Rail Study for Penicuik to Edinburgh - Conducted by Herriot Watt University, proving the viability of the route for business and public use;
- Succesfully proposed a motion to Midlothian Council to restrict the sale of fireworks in our area;
Beeslack High School is scheduled for closure by the SNP with a new school to be built in the Loanhead area.
I will NOT support this educational vandalism!
Beeslack is one of the top performing schools in Scotland and the replacement school should be built on the present site with pupils temporarily relocated to Penicuik HS.
IF I AM RE-ELECTED I WILL MAKE SURE THAT THIS OPTION IS PART OF THE CONSULTATION!
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS - NO MORE?
Did you enjoy the Christmas Lights last year...? Well, the SNP have voted to remove the budget for installing them – so they will not be put up by the Council this year!
I WILL VOTE TO RE-INTRODUCE THE FUNDING IF RE-ELECTED
PENICUIK RAIL LINE
I have agreement at the Council to bring back the Penicuik to Edinburgh rail line and I commissioned a study with Heriot Watt University which proves it is viable. The SNP had an opportunity recently to put this at the top of the South East of Scotland Transport Plans, but voted instead to extend the rail line from Galashiels to Carlisle. My motion to put the Penicuik line at the top of Midlothian’s agenda was defeated by the SNP with the two nationalist councillors from our town voting for the Gala to Carlisle option.
Next time you’re stuck in the horrendous traffic to and from Penicuik and Edinburgh, remember there is a solution that has been blocked by the NATS!
CUTS TO POLICE NUMBERS
Crime in Penicuik is at a serious level with between 20-30 thefts, household break-ins and drugs issues reported every month with Broomhill Day Centre, Shottstown Miners Club and Stewart’s Restaurant amongst recent victims. LABOUR proposed to keep the 14 additional Community Action Team Officers in Midlothian to combat crime across the county and in Penicuik – the SNP voted to remove these officers dedicated only for Midlothian.
IF RE-ELECTED I WILL VOTE WITH MY LABOUR
COLLEAGUES TO RE-INSTATE THESE ADDITIONAL OFFICERS